We all need at least one night a week to sit back with a big bag of crisps and binge our favourite shows (or is that just us?)
Did you know that over 15 million households in the UK have a subscription to one of the three major streaming services: Netflix, Amazon Prime and NOW TV?
But which works best for you? It’s time to take a closer look. Here’s everything you need to know before you make a decision…
Image Source: /Ohio State News
NOW TV – Perfect for films/sports/reality and Sky shows
- It has a number of different packages to offer:
- The Entertainment Pass – £7.99 a month for popular box sets and TV shows.
- The Sky Cinema Pass – £11.99 a month for over 1,000 Sky movies.
- The Sky Sports Pass – Keep up to date with the Premier League spending £8.99 a month for a 24-hour day pass, £14.99 a month for a week pass and £33.99 for a month pass.
- The Kids Pass – £3.99 a month for children’s entertainment.
- The hayu Pass – £3.99 a month to keep up with your favourite reality shows including Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
- You get a seven day free trial for most of the passes to see if they’re right for you.
- You can cancel at any point.
- You can add up to six devices to your account and have the ability to watch on two accounts at the same time.
Netflix – Perfect for binging TV series
- It’s the most popular streaming service.
- Netflix is available on every Smart TV and most Freeview boxes.
- For watching in standard definition on a single device, a subscription is £5.99 a month.
- To watch on two-screens simultaneously and in HD, you can upgrade to £8.99 a month.
- For the ‘ultimate experience’ including a 4k Ultra HD display, you can upgrade again to £11.99 a month.
- Netflix can be added to a Sky package if you purchase the Ultimate on Demand Sky package for an extra £12 a month (but is on offer for an extra £3 after 9th July).
- Shows can be downloaded to watch when you don’t have internet.
- On the downside, there are not a lot of new trending film releases.
- It’s better for binging box sets but maybe not the best for hardcore movie buffs.
Amazon Prime Video – Perfect for online shoppers who want added content
- When you buy Amazon Prime, you also unlock Amazon Prime Video; a streaming platform for thousands of trending and original films and TV shows.
- You can pay a lump sum of £79 to have an annual prescription or pay £7.99 a month.
- Students are able to have a six month free trial of Amazon Prime including Prime Video. Fees are also reduced to £3.99 a month or £39 for a year.
- With Prime, you are able to get free next-day delivery when shopping through Amazon.
- Amazon Prime also offers Amazon music so you can listen to millions of songs. Plans include:
- Amazon Music Unlimited (Single Device Plan)– You can listen to 50 million songs on an Amazon Echo or Fire TV device for £3.99 a month.
- Amazon Music Unlimited (Individual Plan) – You can listen to music for £7.99 a month (or £79 per year) for Prime Members and £9.99 a month for Non-Prime members.
- Amazon Music Unlimited (Family Plan) – Perfect for the family, with this package up to six members can listen to music for £14.99 a month (or £149 a year).
Hopefully this guide has convinced you as to which plan is best suited for your binging needs! Don’t just take our word for it, you can check out each site here: NOW TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.