To all the ladies out there, we sincerely hope that you’re living (or at least trying to live) your best lives! Whatever you’re going through at the moment: heartbreak, new found love, maybe even babies…here are some of the best inspirational quotes to get you motivated and ready to start the day with confidence.
Who run the world? GIRLS!
1. ‘You’ve always been crazy; this is just the first chance you’ve had to express yourself.’ – Louise, Thelma & Louise (1991)
Image Source: /Charge!
We all need to be a little crazy sometimes (especially when we co-exist with the infuriating specimen that is men). Don’t be afraid to show your wild side and always embrace who you are. Louise has the right idea (but don’t kill anyone).
2. ‘You must always have faith in people. And most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.’ – Elle Woods, Legally Blonde (2001)
Image Source: /Giphy
It can be really hard to have faith in yourself – it takes a lot of guts to follow your own advice sometimes without any help! Plus, when you caught your pig of an ex cheating with your best pal, it can be pretty hard to trust someone again. If you’re feeling disgruntled, remember to do an Elle Woods!
3. ‘If you’re going to let one stupid prick ruin your life, you’re not the girl I thought you were.’ – Professor Stromwell, Legally Blonde (2001)
Image Source: /The Mary Sue
Yes it’s another Legally Blonde quote because every woman needs to see this film. We’ve all fallen for the charms of a f***boy at some point in our lives. It’s just inevitable! So when we get our hearts broken, we need to remember to look forward and move on. Professor Stromwell knows that some people do NOT deserve the energy!
4. ‘They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go. But friendships never go out of style.’ – Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City (2008)
Image Source: /Cosmopolitan
A girl needs her true friends around her! Genuine friends will stick by you through every d***head encounter, every embarrassing moment and every cheesy chick flick night.
5. ‘Too many guys think I’m a concept, or I complete them, or I’m gonna make them alive. But I’m just a f***ed-up girl who’s looking for my own peace of mind; don’t assign me yours.’ – Clementine Kruckzynski, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Image Source: /IndieWire
Don’t be someone for anyone other than yourself. Love who you are and the right person will bring even more love into your life. Clementine knows that she is not responsible for anyone other than herself. Be like Clementine!
6. ‘Even though some of you are pretty thin, you all have fat hearts, and that’s what matters.’ – Fat Amy, Pitch Perfect (2012)
Image Source: /Scoop Nest
In the wise words of Fat Amy, having a big ol’ fat heart is all you need. Go out and be kind, ladies! Do not lower yourself to the standards of petty people. Who has time for haters these days? We’re too busy killin’ it out there.