It’s that time of the year where we need to get our summer bods ready! We can’t get those bangin’ bikini pics if we can’t fit into one, can we?!
It can be so intimidating when you go to the gym but have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you’re supposed to be doing…especially when you’re surrounded by super humans who are built of pure muscle.
You find yourself with just a few weeks left until Ibiza and you have more rolls than a bakery!
Well, if you’re trying to get those perfectly toned and sculpted arms ready for summer, here are four useful moves that are sure to help you on your way…
1. Bent-Over Row
Firstly, the ‘bent-over row’ is a good way to work your back muscles and biceps. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform the ‘bent-over row’ correctly:
- Assume a standing position while holding each barbell with a neutral grip.
- Lower your torso forward until it is slightly parallel with the floor.
- Drive the elbows behind the body whilst simultaneously retracting the shoulder blades.
- In a pulling motion, bring the dumbells towards your body until they are at the midline and then lower them slowly back to the starting position. You should maintain a controlled pace.
- Continue to do 8-12 reps for 3 or 4 sets.
Image Source: /PopSugar
2. Lateral Raises With Variations
Lateral raises are a killer but the burn is sure to pay off! Here’s how to perform the ‘lateral raise’ correctly:
- Stand or sit with a dumbbell in each hand lowered down to your sides.
- Raise your arms out until they are parallel with the floor.
- Keep the shoulders pressing down and bend the elbows slightly.
- Keeping the arms out at the sides, rotate small circles 10 times.
- Reverse the direction and rotate 10 times.
- Lift and lower the arms 2 inches for another 10 reps.
You got this!
Image Source: /blog.fabletics.com
3. Bicep Curls
Want to build those biceps? This move is a must!
- Stand straight with feet shoulder width apart.
- While keeping the arms still, bicep curl the arm up to the shoulder for 10 reps.
- Hold the other arm at a 90-degree angle whilst the left arm is curling,
- Swap arms and repeat the process.
- Curl both arms at the same time for 10 reps.
Image Source: /POPSUGAR Australia
4. The Overhead Press
This is one of the most difficult moves but great for working the chest, shoulders, arms and upper back! If you want to built that upper body strength, get started ASAP!
- Stand with the dumbells (or barbell) on your front shoulders with your hands placed next to your shoulders.
- Press the bar over your head until it is balancing on your shoulders.
- Push upwards until the arms are pointing vertically towards the ceiling.
- Lower back to your front shoulders and repeat the process.
Image Source: /Pinterest
Don’t worry if it takes you a while to master any of these moves. It can be tough to ease into but once you get going, you’ll be killing it!
Say goodbye flab and hello abs!