1. I looked down at myself on the operating tableImage source/allthetropesI lay dead for two whole minutes on the operating table. I have been involved in a nasty car crash. Everything was just darkness, quiet, and peace. Until I realized, I could then look down on the surgery room and the surgeons working on me while I lay unconscious below.
2. Falling toward the starsImage source/croftandcompanyI remember when I briefly died for 227 seconds. I fell downwards towards a tiny light which grew as I got closer. Then, as I reached it turned into thousands of little specks which appeared like stars around me. It felt like infinite bliss for those moments.
3. An idyllic worldImage source/life-purposeI flew around the Universe, I met the stars, the planets, talked to the birds and the trees, and I so many people - pretty, lovely people. Everyone was laughing and there was no sadness - even if people cried, they were truly happy. We were all together...all one.
4. Just grey light in a grey tunnelImage source/quotesgramAll I saw when my body temporarily died was greyness. So much of it. Just a grey light, in a kind of grey tunnel that never seemed to come to an end. Then, a really high pitch screaming kind of sound. And then that was it, I guess I woke up after that.
5. A sense of complete spiritualityImage source/wallup.netI have to liken my experience to a spiritual experience. It's the only way to describe such pureness, such heightened emotions and clear thinking. It could never be described or relived in the human physical world. It was a complete sense of existence in pure spiritual form.
6. Nothing...just joy and peaceImage source/foreverinmyheartpoemsIt was great, for a short amount of time I was aware of nothing, apart from an overwhelming sense of peace and even joy. Then, the sounds and the light crept in, and I became a little more aware of stimuli. I was in ICU for a week, and it was a lot more peaceful for me than it was for my family.
7. The most beautiful thing I've ever seenImage source/etsyFirst it was darkness, and then this little light emerged. Which as I grew closer it got bigger and brighter. Then, it broke off into millions of fragments of lights which turned into all different kinds of vibrant and amazing colours creating lots of different shapes. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
8. Going into a dark metal tunnelImage source/mydreamsymbolismI died for over 4 minutes when I was just 12 years old. I'd been playing football at school when I went into cardiac arrest. I can't remember fully but it was just very dark and black, almost like a metal tunnel. And the feeling was just so intense. It's hard to describe it without having experienced anything like that.
9. It was like stars in the nightImage source/kevingreenwiredI drowned in the sea for a few moments, nobody really knows how long but just that it took two full minutes to revive me again on the beach. It felt like the longest day, being dead. It was so dark, with pin pricks of lights just like stars in the night.
10. It was just peace. That's it.Image source/earthspecialI'd been in a car crash and then I suffered from a clot which ended up in my heart and I died for a while. I did not have any crazy experience. There were no gated of heaven and no angels coming to take me to the light. All I felt was peace. An overwhelming feeling of peace.
11. A foggy light, like car headlightsImage source/witnessinloveI had attempted to take my own life. And, once I'd committed to the act I felt panic, and horror - what was I doing? The, it went peaceful, and a foggy grey light absorbed me. Then the light went white, and all my anxiety and fear flooded back. The rope had snapped and saved my life.
12. I had a very long tunnelImage source/gjyuI do remember a tunnel. When people ask me about what death was like, there's really not much I can say. I didn't seem to have one of these crazy experiences that some people have when they die. But all I seemed to have was a very long tunnel and that's all.
13. I could see my family and friends visitingImage source/FanpopWhen I was in the coma I died for a couple of minutes. I saw absolutely nothing. But then, sometimes when someone would visit, family or friends I'd gain a little bit of consciousness and I'd realise they were there, but I couldn't signal or communicate. That was a really hard feeling.
14. I experienced nothing, no feelings whatsoeverImage source/PinterestI died and I was on life support for a while. The doctor said I was dead. I have read about other people's experience of having intense feelings or light. For me there was nothing. No light, no dark, no warm, no cold. There was completely nothing at all.
15. I met lots of my passed away relativesImage source/christianearthnI had a truly bizarre and inexplicable experience. I had pneumonia and blood poisoning and ended up dying for short period. When I was in this state, I was in what appeared as a white room covered in marble with a fountain in the middle with a steady stream of trickling water. What's more is that when I was there, lots of my family were too. Many who were dead, a few had committed suicide including my mother who was talking to me.
16. It wasn't very peaceful for me...Image source/blogspotI had a strange experience where I had no blood flow to my brain and so I went into a weird kind of place. Like darkness all around me It kind of felt like I was choking on it. Then there was a tunnel made out of dark material. It wasn't a peaceful experience for me like it is with others.
17. Just total emptinessImage source/paperboatI tried to commit suicide a few years ago, but thankfully my sister found me and got help from my parents in a room nearby. I was only pronounced dead for a couple of minutes and unconscious for a couple of hours. It was like I was surrounded by brownness. It wasn't as heavy as blackness it felt emptier.
18. I went to a timeless placeImage source/PinterestI was only pronounced clinically dead for around a minute, but time doesn't exist there...so it felt like it was at least a couple of hours. But, when I was in that state, I couldn't feel emotion at all, not sadness, anxiety, and not even happiness. I just felt nothing...just peace. But I was totally aware of who I was.
19. I was sucked into a giant vacuumImage source/spacey.netIt was a vacuum, nothingness, a void of blackness. That was when I died, when I was hit by a car, I was just three years old. A man named Matt saved my life and he bought me a teddy which I named after him and still keep with me to this very present day.
20. I feel very comfortableImage source/ourwhworldWhen I died, I was engulfed in a black warm blanket which just surrounded me totally. Everything felt softened, and I felt totally comfortable. It felt like a total state of meditation. It all happened because of my substance abuse which sent me into a state of unconsciousness where I died and came back.
21. I was struck dead by lighteningImage source/celebrationministriesWhen I was a little girl, I was struck by lightning. Lightening causes very weird things to happen to your brain. I entered a WHOLE new world. Everything was kind of squishy and liquid. There were new shapes, and everything seemed to make total sense to me still.
22. It was like being snuggled like a babyImage source/newbornnetWhen I was little I almost drowned - well I did drown for a while. I could picture the surface of the water. Then it went dark, and I felt like I was literally being rocked in somebody's arms just like a baby, when I briefly died. It was the cosiest and safest feeling ever.
23. I am now more at peace because of my experiences with deathImage source/PinterestBefore I finally had my pacemaker fitted, I would go into cardiac arrest almost every month for around a year. Everything would go dark, and I would feel totally comfortable and peaceful. In fact, now I live my life much more at peace with myself because of these experiences which will never leave me.
24. It was like being on the oceanImage source/martimenewsWhen I died, I don't remember very clearly what happened. But I remember the feeling, it was kind of blurry. But it was like lying in the ocean, warm, rocking very slowly up and down. It was totally calming and there was this blue hazy light. This was the last thing I saw before I woke up.
25. I was naked in a dark tunnel...Image source/fullpicI was severely burned when I was young. It all felt like a dream when I died for a couple of minutes. I dreamt I was naked in a huge room that then turned into a dark tunnel. I just remember being scared that my mum would leave me in the room on my own.
26. I met a man in white robesImage source/goodnewsflIt may sound like a stereotypical version of death. But, when I died and came back, I saw a man standing in front of me. He was dressed in long, white robes. I don't know who it was, or whether it was a godly figure. Whatever the experience comes down too, I'll never forget it.
27. I went to hellImage source/croftandcompanyI had always wondered whether hell was real or not...but now I know it is. Because I went there after I overdosed. There was literally everything you imagine symbolising hell, including the devil and the fire. The devil was walking on fire like a giant rope.
28. My consciousness was shared with the UniverseImage source/dreamicusWhen I briefly passed away, it was as though my consciousness became shared with the Universe. Everybody's thoughts became one, as though we were on united being. I no longer had my own single thoughts but rather the shared experiences of the Universe.
29. I visited a place I had been when I was a childImage source/naturewallI passed away and slipped into a strange kind of state. I would never have known I had died for a moment; it was more like visiting the past. But in a whole new kind of way. I went back to a childhood memory; the place was just the same with details I would have thought that I had forgotten.
30. I was at the front of a pair of huge black gatesImage source/wallupI was in some kind of place, in front of a pair of huge, black gates. It was as though it was the entrance to heaven which I had to pass, to enter the afterlife. But then I was very aware of a voice which started of faint and grew louder, telling me that it was not my time to die.
So what happens to your body when you die... 1. Your Brain Continues To Function...Image Source: The New YorkerA Tik Toker has recently revealed this shocking fact about death: "Did you know that when you die, your brain keeps trucking and appears to know that you're dead." Researchers have found that brain might actually continue to function briefly after death.
2. Sometimes For Several Minutes!Image Source: WikipediaAnd sometimes this can be for several minutes rather than just a brief second. For example, if you die from a heart problem, your brain continues to function and in some instances your brain has enough liquid after death to continue firing for around several minutes.
3. And Then Gets DiscolouredImage Source: iStock
This is quite a commonly known act. But after death, the skin on your body will change colours. And it will continue to keep on changing. First, the body will urn pale and then it will turn green - starting first from the abdomen. Then it becomes purplish-red in paces where the blood pools together.